Monday, August 17, 2009

After a night of cramping, a pillow held tight against my stomach, tossing and turning, I woke up to this...


Let me describe how this happened...I got up, did my deed--completely convinced it was going to be negative and that I was psychotic for even thinking to test this early--set it on the counter, and began brushing my teeth. About 30 seconds later, I looked down (I couldn't help it), and thought, "Oh, that's where the second line goes--WHat?!?! There's a second line!!!!" At this point, I commenced hyperventilating and saying, "Oh my god! Oh my god" as I ran all over the house looking for my cellphone. My heart was racing, my mind was becoming foggier by the minute, and I was stumbling around like a drunk person.

I call Nathan...'Oh my god! Oh my god!' still going through my head. He answers, and I squeal, "I GOT A POSITIVE ON THE TEST!" Here is the conversation that followed:

Him: "And why are you telling me this?"

Me: "Because, I got a positive on the test!!!"

Him: "OH! OOOOH!!!!! You got a positive on the test!!! I thought you said you saw a wasp on the desk! Oh my god!! It's positive? Really? Oh my god!"

I had my first beta at 12:30 today, and it was a 36--yes, I really am pregnant right now!! Nurse said 36 is a little low, but I think she's on crack since I'm only 11dpo, and if I had been 14 dpo (as they want you to be when you test), my beta would've been much higher. I need the number to increase 70% by Wednesday.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I have never been more ecstatic in my life. We have to go buy something baby-related tonight to celebrate!

3 props:

Christa said...

Congratulations!!!!

K8e said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was waiting for this post!!!!!!!!
I totally had the same rxn as you to the pee stick + only it was at 3 am lol!

Can't wait to hear the 2nd beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!!
(I knew it!)
SO happy for you!

~T