Wednesday, August 19, 2009

81. My number did a little more than double (in less than 48 hours, mind you!). I can finally relax a little bit. I feel like someone decided it is finally my turn, someone found the perfect little soul to send to me, and I can't see this not working out. My next appointment is an ultrasound at 7 weeks (September 14). By my calculations, and those of my innumerable resources, lol, I am 4 weeks as of today.

In honor of trying not to talk about all things baby...

School starts next week. Freshman orientation is tomorrow, and I can't wait to meet the kids. Last year, I was cornered, for lack of a better term, by several Honors parents who wanted to know everything about what I was teaching. I had only found out a few days prior that I WAS teaching an Honors class, so I'm sure you can imagine how flustered and terrible I was during their interrogation. This year, I am much more confident and prepared. I can take any questions they throw at me.

This school year, I'm going to take it easy on myself. I'm going to do what I can and NOT do what I CAN'T do. I've got more important things cooking (haha) than just my job. Speaking of more important things...when do you think I should tell my principal that I'm going to be on maternity leave the last month of school? I've put a little poll on my blog page for your feedback. I'm not sure how soon I should do it, but I want to give him time to prepare.

2 props:

Kathryn said...

What great, great news! I am so happy for you!

Sondra Bryson said...

I wouldn't tell most people until after the 1st trimester. But, I'm just superstitious. Only my close family members knew I was pregnant before the first trimester was over.