Tuesday, July 7, 2009

When I feel like I am at my weakest, that is when I figure out how strong I am. When I am at my saddest, I can appreciate my happiness more. When I feel defeated, I find hope in waking up to a brand new day. When I'm facing a brick wall, it may take awhile, but eventually I will find my way past it.

Infertility has made me stronger.

Because of infertility, I have learned not to take things for granted. The little things in life (like the process of making a baby) are miraculous; they are privileges, not rights, and they must be appreciated. I find myself literally taking the time to stop and smell the roses now, because infertility has taught me to appreciate these seemingly minute things.

Because of infertility, I have learned how strong my marriage is. Nathan and I have had no marital problems as a result of OUR infertility. Quite possibly, we are even more supportive of each other now that we're going through this than we have been in the past. I have never loved someone so much in my life.

Because of infertility, I have learned the value of time. When I want time to speed up, it goes even slower, but when I want it to slow down, it speeds up. I know how long a 2 week wait can feel. I know how long half an hour in the waiting room at a doctor's office can feel. I also know how quickly one cycle can end and another can begin.

Because of infertility, I've realized my insatiable need to see the positives in every situation. Even when I'm sad, I find something to feel ok about. Attitude is everything, and because of infertility, I know I have a fantastic attitude.

I would never have realized these things if it weren't for what I'm going through now. Sometimes, it seems, the biggest challenges in life are what make us who we are. I don't think life is about attacking the challenges and making them go away; no, I think that life is about dealing with these challenges and learning from them.

1 props:

Jill said...

All the things we forget about when are down about infertility. Thank you for this post!