Sunday, June 21, 2009

I've finally gotten around to taking some pictures of Stink. I am literally getting sick to my stomach looking at his gaping wounds. I can't imagine how awful he feels; he looks awful. I find myself now sleeping super lightly so I can stop him from licking himself throughout the night. He will literally sit and lick for HOURS on end. It breaks my heart to see him looking so bad. Here's the pics...

 
Photo #1: Stink looking away from the camera. Do you see that gaping open wound there? That is where he has spent months scratching away into his skin. It's completely awful.

The next pic is really graphic, so you may want to stop reading now.



Photo #2: Stink with his head back. Yes, I am holding his head back, but I promise it wasn't hurting him. He actually seems to enjoy having this mess rubbed, which I take advantage of and rub with some feline soothing spray stuff.

And finally...


Photo #3: What we've started doing to try and help. He looks like he is in some torture device, and I can't understand why he's not fighting to get out of it. It's wrapped loosely, but he's had it on pretty much all day today. Man, I hope it helps those places heal.

We're on Day 3 of 253 days of the allergy vaccine. The vet said he will look worse before he starts to look better, but I never imagined he could look this miserable.

2 props:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! I feel sorry for your cat too and I dont even like cats. Bella did that to herself from scratching and digging at herself...I cleaned out several times a day with peroxide, then put hydrocortizone on it and it helped out majorly. Our vet told me to give her up to 75mg of benedryl for her scratching too(for her weight). you may want to ask about that. I know the hydrocortizone worked in no time, cause it soothed it and didn't make her itch. i'm not sure about cats---but im sure it may be the same?? May want to try that. Kinda like when you have bite, you put that on and it makes me stop scratching :( good luck!!
I couldn't see the other 2 pics, just the first one.
Jessica(sry couldn't remember my password...grrr)

Christina said...

Cats are just soo finicky when it comes to medicines and what-not. I think the spray we have is some sort of hydrocortizone, so I hope that helps. The shots we are giving him are small doses of all the things he is allergic to, so we can't give him any anti-allergens or antihistamines (benadryl, clortrimeton, etc.) or the shots won't work. We just have to wait it out. The last pic is a wrap I have around his neck and back right now. Under the wrap, I doused him with the spray and put some gauze over it. Hope it helps! Thanks for the advice :)

Oh, and you can just sign your name and you won't even need your password.