Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's been a bit. I've just been really drained for no apparent reason. So, so tired every day. I've regressed into my unfortunate habit of coming home after school and taking a "nap" until around 7pm--losing out on my day, my free time. I feel so exhausted. All day at work I drag from period to period. It could be because we are currently reading Romeo and Juliet, and though I am enjoying reading through it with the kids, I read it six times every day. By the end of the day, I'm just exhausted.

The kids are counting down the days, and let's not lie, so am I. I started my countdown immediately after spring break (27 teaching days and 3 final exam days to go!). I am so ready for this year to be done; I'm ready to start over with a new group of kids and fix all the things I did wrong this year. For example, I never realized it would drive me crazy for the kids to not be in their seats when the bell rings, and I never knew I would HATE IT when they put their bags, purses, etc. on their desks (Yes, I KNOW you are texting, dear student o' mine!). Now, I know, and I will implement rules to prevent these things in the future.

Random side note: Thanks to Ms. Downing in both 9th and 12th grade, every time I write "things" I cringe a bit about the arbitrariness of the word, and yet, I'm doing the same thing to my students...lol.

I'm also exhausted because of this baby-making drama. I'm 5 days deep into the second cycle with 100mg of Clomid days 5-9 this time (only because I couldn't get into the RE any earlier). I have my mid-cycle u/s next Thursday (CD14), and if this cycle is anything like the last, I won't be ready to trigger until Saturday, which means giving myself a shot (Eww). Two weeks and two days after that, we'll get our answer.

Either next weekend or the weekend after that, Nathan and I are heading to King's Island. Hopefully that won't mess anything up as far as implantation and what-not, but as far as I am concerned, I cannot live my life walking on eggshells "in case" something happens.

2 props:

Kristen said...

You and I can have a trigger party, if you'd like. I don't give myself my trigger, nor do I let John give it to me. I head over to my mom's best friend's place. She's a registered nurse and has triggered me three times before, and this time won't be any different! ;-)

Christina said...

Yeah, I think I'm going to have my g-ma do it instead of Nathan. He would be TOO happy to shove a needle in me, lol.