Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hola--at the mention of a friend, I decided to visit this "postsecret.com" site, which just so happens to be on blogspot. I read through dozens of posts and, being interested, googled "Post Secret" to come up with hundreds of additional postings on various other sites. These secrets are crazy! They range from cheating on a spouse to wanting abortions, but my favorite (and the most disturbing one I saw) was a picture of the World Trade Centers that said, "The people who knew me before 9/11 think I'm dead." What?????!!!!!

So, I started thinking about my deepest, darkest secrets, and realized (much to my chagrin) that I honestly do not have any!!! I feel amazingly superficial...am I not a deep person? Is there something wrong with the fact that I don't have anything hidden from people???

This is the only "weird" secret-ish thing I can think of, but most of you already know it...Sometimes, I can "see" germs and bacteria and grossness. For example, when I go to a buffet, I look at all the tongs and spoons in the food and I can almost see a green/brown goo on the handles--yuck! When someone sneezes, in my head I see green goo flying out of their mouths---gross! I habitually wash my hands throughout the day because I'm so afraid of what might be on them. I'm forever thankful that grocery stores now have those sanitizing wipes to use on carts; sometimes I use them on my hands too. Oh, oh, and I can't drink milk out of glass cups because the mixing smells of the glass and the milk makes me want to vomit.

That's it. That's all the secret I have. Sad, isn't it?

0 props: