Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nate's amazing and wonderful grandparents made a rare trip to Ohio from their home far away in rural Pennsylvania. They came out to see the house and (more importantly) meet their second great-grandchild. For being almost 80 and 70 years old, his grandpa and grandma seem much younger. We haven't seen them since the wedding reception in 2007, and since Nate spent 3 years living with them during his teens, it's great to finally have them around!



We had a cookout on Saturday with his parents, my parents, and his grandparents. Last week, we finally invested in some outdoor furniture, a canopy, and bricks/a fire pit to build our own custom firepit in the yard. We spent a lot of time this weekend hanging outside and chatting. Quality time for Nate and his family.



Yay!! We finally got a little smile on camera. There is NOTHING more amazing in the world than seeing her gummy smiling face first thing in the morning. Such a happy baby!



Here she is with her only great-grandpa. It's bittersweet to see this picture because I would have love to see her with my own Pappaw; instead, I'll just have to imagine what that picture would have looked like.



Nate's family in a rare family photo. I'm happy they were all able to get together (and that the event wasn't ruined by anyone's bitchiness!).



Rylee with her great-grandma. I found myself frequently thinking about my grandparents this weekend. Man...I miss them so much. Rylee will never know it, but her life will miss out on something by not having them in it.

Awesome weekend. Planning a night with friends around the firepit next Friday. Glad we are finally in a position in our lives to have people over :)

0 props: