Sunday, April 18, 2010

What I'm thinking these days: "Is that a cramp? Oh my gosh, that has to be a cramp! Should I time it? ... Nevermind, just gas"

Yesterday, I felt pretty good for the first time in a while. I had some (only a little, but still some) energy, and we actually made it to a couple stores, finished the thank you cards (with my supremely and completely NUMB fingers), cleaned a little, packed the hospital bags for myself and the baby, and Nathan dyed my hair.

Today, I am back to feeling like shit. Probably worse than I have ever felt. I'm tired, my hips feel like they are breaking, the swelling in my feet will not go down no matter how high and for high long I keep them elevated, and I am so ready to chop my right hand off just so I finally have some feeling in it. My eye is swollen, but that's related to the fact that I've had my contacts in WAY TOO LONG, but I can't take them out until tonight because I don't have any glasses. Boo to feeling like poop.

But like the title of this post says, there is only a little bit of complaining time left...then, it will FINALLY all be worth it. I hope all my aches and pains go away quickly after Miss Rylee comes along :)

I should make a very important note here about how insanely wonderful my husband has been especially in these last few weeks. When I am completely exhausted and sore and struggling just to make it to and from the bathroom, he is stepping up and taking care of so much. When my feet are so swollen they look like my toes are about to pop off, he massages them and keeps trying to come up with ideas that will help (like letting me elevate them on his legs at night or wrapping them in ACE bandages). He has been doing the cooking, cleaning, and taking care of everything. AND he does it all without complaining. It's like he knows it takes me MUCH longer and MUCH more effort to do things, so he just does them for me. I have never appreciated him as much as I do now, and I have never needed his help as much as I have in the last couple of weeks. I just keep thinking how awesome he is going to be as a dad and I'm so thankful that Rylee will get a shot at a much better father than I had!

This is all almost over. Only a couple days left of work before I begin my maternity leave on Wednesday--thank goodness.

0 props: