Tuesday, April 27, 2010

While I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this baby, I'm creating a list of things I SHOULD NOT do because they are detrimental to my psychological well-being. At the very top of that list is...watching A Baby Story on TLC. HOLY CRAP! There is nothing worse than watching what I'm about the go through a some point in the next week. So, no more baby story for now. It's more terrifying than informative.

Doctor's appointment today. Will update later.

Update from doc's appointment...
2 cm dilated
Still 80% effaced
Baby is -2/-1 station

Doc stripped my membranes. FYI--I think ONLY people with LONG fingers should strip membranes as the most painful part of that process was his knuckles bashing into my woman parts. Stripping membranes releases hormones that should help initiate labor; however, if the procedure is going to work, it will do so within 48 hours. It is now about 36 hours after I've had it done, and I've got nothing.

Next appointment is Tuesday. I will be begging for an induction at that point. Doc said yesterday that because my cervix is so favorable and my hip position and size are perfect for birthing a possibly larger baby, there is a less than 30% chance that induction would lead me to a c-section.

Maybe the full moon tonight will help things along?

3 props:

SwtJess21 said...

Good luck!! I love baby story on TLC but I can see why you wouldn't want to watch now lol Hope to hear some good news that the baby will be coming SOON!!!

~Carla~ said...

Hey,I'm still waiting on that Dr update!!! lol.......Can't wait to hear good news soon! ~Carla~

SwtJess21 said...

I'm thinking the same thing, although I kinda talked to Nathan last night(he didn't go into detail though). We was just talking about how you should run the blocks and he said you walked in two stores !! This baby is gonna come on CJ's bday!!!!!!! I can feel it!!!!!!!!!!!