Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tomorrow is V-Day, and while we tend to not celebrate it very much around here (maybe a card or just a "Happy Valentine's Day"), I thought this would be the perfect day to tell the two most important women in my life how much they mean.

I bought this for my g-ma...



Mammaw has said on many trips to Cracker Barrel how much she likes these figurines, and while she doesn't need anything taking up any more room in her life (that woman has a LOT of STUFF!!!), the meaning behind the Willow Tree "Courage" figurine is important. These are handmade figurines, and on the box of this one, it says...

"I created the first Angel of Courage in 2001 to celebrate the triumphant spirit, strength and courage we call upon to face challenges in our lives--whether they be our health, or the well-being of our loved ones...I hope this angel can be a reminder of people in our lives who inspire us with their strength and courage everyday."

I hope this little token not only serves as a constant reminder to my g-ma to have strength through her pain and while she travels the road that lies ahead, but I also hope that when my grandma is gone, this serves as a constant reminder to my own mother about the courage and strength with which my grandma fought this disease. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make us remember fondly, cherish deeply, and love forever.

EDIT: When I got to my mom's tonight, Mammaw had this to give to me...


This is the "Angel of Remembrance". Funny how great minds think alike. I believe this angel came with a package when my g-pa passed away. Mammaw had my mom grab it at her house so I could have it for my collection (I'm just starting to collect these bad boys)...she'll never know how much this little piece of wood means to me.

0 props: