Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm trying to get my mind off of all the stuff floating around in it right now...so, let's answer a random journal prompt (the same prompt I gave my kids today for their journals).

Question: You have to get rid of three things in your house--What do you get rid of?

Hmm.....That's tough. I try not to keep a bunch of "junk" lying around, but some stuff ends up accumulating anyhow.

1) The first thing I'd get rid of is the old King-sized comforter off our bed. It snagged on the U-Haul when we moved to this apartment over a year-and-a-half ago. Plus, it was NEVER washed (gross, I know!). The only reason I find myself hanging onto it is because it was so expensive. It was a $300 comforter that we got at M.acy's for like $85. We have since replaced it, and it is completely useless, but I just haven't gotten around to throwing it out.

2) The second thing I'd get rid of is my growing stacks of mail that haven't been filed. Most of our bills and what-not are online now, but I still feel like I have to keep anything that even remotely might be important. My filing cabinet broke when we moved, so I've been using just a little crate. Because it is upstairs and I open my mail in the kitchen, the stacks pile up on the stairs--must take care of them!!

3) The third thing I'd get rid of is the laundry room door. It suffered a minor casualty soon after we moved in when Nate and his friend were trying to bring a speaker into the laundry room storage. The door now has a hole in it, so it has to be replaced before we move (the $$ the apartment will charge to replace it is much more that Lowe's would charge for a new one).

2 props:

~Carla~ said...

After Christmas must be clean out time!! I have so many old blankets and comforters, that is one thing I never know where to store, but I can't bring myself to get rid of!!! Any luck on your house search yet???

~Carla~ said...

I bet you are tired, any luck with your search today???