Monday, July 4, 2011

Saturday night was pretty awful with the noisy fireworks and my poor terrified child. I brought her into bed with me (Nathan was at a car show with Rocky) and coaxed her to sleep. Just when she would finally let out a little snore...*Bam* a firework would explode, and I'd hold my breath thinking, "Don't wake up, don't wake up." Undoubtedly, seconds later, she'd let out a wail, and I'd have to do it all over again. It was awful and annoying and I SERIOUSLY wish my neighbors had more common sense.

Today, we took Ry to her first parade. The first half hour or so she squirmed wildly, probably because she had no clue why we were sitting on the sidewalk staring at people on the opposite sidewalk. But finally, the parade started, and she seemed to have a good time. She got a sucker out of the deal at least :)

It's July now and my calendar is starting to clear up a bit as all the administrators (and my mentor for the internship) are taking their vacations. I've been busy, but it's been awesome!

1 props:

Jessica White said...

It's so funny to see how they react to new things (not the fireworks though...that's just awful!)

Glad she managed to have some fun though:-)