Sunday, October 17, 2010

First, a couple pictures.

Here we are about a month ago at a park for Rylee's first EVER swing experience. She loved it (though I was peeing my pants!)



I can't believe it, but this was about two months ago. She is growing too, too fast!



Nathan and I carved pumpkins this year for the first time in 8 years. Note the expression on his pumpkin.



Here's Ry at the pumpkin patch yesterday. Who knew hay looked so appetizing to babies?



Ry sits very well on her own now. I have a couple pictures on my phone I'll have to upload soon. She sits until she chooses to flop over on her belly. She also crawls, somewhat. She puts her head on the floor, walks her legs toward her head, then scoots her face on the ground. She gets into a very ready crawling position (hands and knees), but her arms just won't move for her. It won't be long until we have a mobile baby.

As far as food goes, I am still breastfeeding (which honestly feels like a significant feat because pumping during my conference and lunch periods is sometimes a hassle), but she has also been eating solids for about a month. I homemade a bunch of food--not because we don't have the money to buy the regular food, but because I thought it would be fun to try. Mom has come over a couple times and we've made big batches of sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas, and green beans. Ry loves anything that ISN'T green, lol.

In other news, I've joined some pretty ambitious committees at work, which are taking up a lot of time, but I'm not going to complain because I actually enjoy learning about the various initiatives in which I am involved. I have met with my advisor for my curriculum license, which I will have finished by next December, and I've finally found a nice routine, which, when not interrupted by an early-rising baby, affords me a few minutes of peace and quiet, though I have to get up at 5 to get it!

We've done SOO MANY improvements to the house including all new light fixtures on the first floor, very nice dining room furniture (90" long table that seats 8 and a buffet/server!), new fixtures on kitchen cabinets, refinished the blonde mantel to a dark cherry, shelves on the accent wall in the living room, pictures/decor in living room, paint in dining room, curtains in lieu of vertical blinds on big glass back doors--Whew!! We've really been moving on these improvements, but the house really feels like home. I'll certainly be getting some pics up of all that at some point. We absolutely love our house, and it feels more and more like home every day.

1 props:

SwtJess21 said...

YAY!!! I look EVERY day for an update :) I know I could just pick up the phone and call, but things have been crazy on my end and I know you are super busy with everything there as well. I can't believe how big Ry has gotten, maybe I will get to see her sometime soon :)

Yay on the improvements on the house, that is always fun!! Can't wait to see the pics!!