Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ever have one of those situations come up that you just get stuck on and you can't figure out the best course of action for moving forward? Yeah, I've got one of those ruts going right now. It's a lose, lose, win situation where no path is really the best path. I could choose to do nothing, which amounts to losing, or I could choose to do something, which amounts to losing a little less.

Where's the pros/cons chart when you need it?

Just applied to be on the wait list for the early childhood daycare program at O hio S tate. Depending on the number of openings, it can take months for a spot to open. The benefit would be that should would be right on campus in a program with a 1:5 teacher:toddler ratio being taught lessons by a certified teacher. The daycare is only for children of people associated with the university and since I started my new job, everyone keeps telling me I've got to get ry enrolled. We'll see what happens; I'm not even for sure it's what I want to do, but I DO want to make sure ry has all the best opportunities in life and this would certainly be a step forward.

I just finished what must have been the longest week ever. Tuesday, I trained 40 or so teachers in giving effective feedback, Wednesday and Thursday, I was invited to serve on a 5-person committee to do some state-level work with the dept of Ed, Friday and today, I was at an ELA conference all day both days. Whew!!! I love all the running!!

I also have to give some mad props to mother nature for the absolutely FANTASTIC winter we had this year. I'll take no snow and intermittent springlike weather every year, please :)

1 props:

~Carla~ said...

You are one busy lady! Love your pics of your sweet baby girl. She is soo cute and growing TOO fast! Ya, if you find one of those pros/cons charts for raising a almost teenager, send one my way :) !!! Sometimes you just make the best guess you can, pray you made the right choice and go with it. Hope you get your rut figured out! ~Carla~